Having a FireSteel in your car’s glove box, tackle box, hunting gear, purse, or backpack can literally be a lifesaver. These items are very lightweight at a couple of ounces and usable in all types of conditions. The Light My Fire brand is one of the best on the market today. There’s even a whistle built into the striker to give you a sound alert when lost or alarmed.
Originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, the legendary Swedish FireSteel is the original fire starter. Being the best, however, means always having to push the envelope. The result is a generation with an improved striker that makes it even easier to build a fire in any weather, at any altitude. The second generation Swedish FireSteel 2.0 also features a design, a color matched lanyard, and a built-in emergency whistle. The Swedish FireSteels dependability and intense, close to 3,000C (5400F) sparks, have long made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen, and campers. It has also found its way into cabins and backyards as a foolproof way to light stoves and gas barbecues.
– Reliable performance at all altitudes and in cold weather — 2,980°C (5,400°F) spark
– Durable — lasts approximately 3,000 strikes
– Ignites all tinder and can be used for campfires, gas stoves, and gas barbecues
– Works equally well when wet
– Striker handle includes a built-in emergency whistle
– Bright spark can be used as an emergency signal